A burning electrical smell in the home is a sign that electrical systems are not working correctly.
The most common of these is an acrid, burning electrical smell. The likely cause is plastic melting or wires in poor condition burning – both immense fire hazards. Calling an emergency electrician is imperative; contacting the fire service might be a necessary move.
Electrical safety is easy to neglect, but a regular electrical inspection with maintenance conducted by a qualified electrician can negate the risk of this happening. Slipper Electrical offers domestic, commercial and emergency electrical services and is available Auckland-wide for urgent call outs24/7. Contact us if you have a burning electrical smell or need any other electrician services.